Cornerstone Dentistry dental professionals can make you a custom mouthguard to wear during sports or while you sleep to prevent damage to your teeth. So why do we suggest you use these?
- A mouthguard can protect your teeth and jaw from getting knocked out of place.
- Protect your lips, tongue, and gums from injury using a mouthguard.
- It helps prevent the clenching and grinding of the teeth that can lead to TMJ disorder.
TMJ stress is reduced, resulting in fewer headaches and less facial pain.
You can get a mouthguard at your local sporting goods store, and if you choose to wear one, you may be safer than if you didn’t. However, there are several pluses to upgrading to a personalized mouthguard, and these include:
- Very long-lasting.
- Generally, thicker materials are safer.
- They have superior ease of use because they are tailored to your needs.
- It is resistant to gnashing of teeth and clenching of the jaw.
- Increased storage time.
Although custom-made mouthguards are more challenging to find or cheap than store-bought ones, they may be the better investment because of their superior protection and durability.